Structural Design Engineer
Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The Structural Design Engineer produces the necessary fabrication construction drawings and system-related data for manufacturing and other team members to perform their functions.
- Details: Review project requirements and resolve any issues, validate any necessary deviations, and perform due diligence on references and past job history.
- Survey: Coordinate any information needed to complete details and drawings and survey to gain better knowledge of the situation and site conditions.
- Drawings: Apply standard practices showing adequate information, determine the level of detail necessary based on description and set standards. Coordinate with installation team as necessary to ensure proper and efficient field installation. Create and document drawing revisions as needed.
- System: Assure all applicable system information has been reviewed and updated including routing steps, material items, direct purchase items, and additional notes. Prepare material cut-lists for fabrication.
- Work with preproduction team on process improvement, continually looking for ways to improve drawings, engineering and design processes.
- An associate’s degree in engineering, detailing, drafting, design, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering or drafting role. Experience with sign manufacturing is beneficial, but not required.
- Excellent computer skills using AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office. Experience with Inventor or SolidWorks is also beneficial.
- Excellent computer skills using AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office. Experience with Inventor or SolidWorks is also beneficial.
- Must be able to work independently and in a group setting.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and attention to fabrication detail. Identify and solve potential problems or challenges during design and fabrication.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with other team members.