Sign Installer – Interior and Exterior
Location · Orlando
Term · Full-Time
The Installer uses precise measurement and placement to assemble and install various types of sign packages to meet the needs of the project and exceed the needs of the customer.
- Primary responsibilities include Installation of all types of architectural exterior and interior signs; including but not limited to illuminated and non-illuminated signs; directional and wayfinding, channel letters; monument signs, post & panel signs, interior ADA signage.
- Assemble and install signs as directed by the drawings and directions given. You may be working by yourself or with another team member. Installing the signs consists of various processes including stick welding, bolting, screwing, and hanging signs in pieces or in their entirety.
- Assist in loading signage for travel to customer site, ensuring that it will arrive damage-free.
- Perform site surveys or service repair work at customer’s locations as needed.
- Perform the installation process abiding by all OSHA, DOT, and site-specific safety precautions.
- Must be able to use a computer, smart phone, or tablet technology.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Obtained a High School diploma or GED.
- Two plus years of installation or construction experience. Experience in the signage industry is beneficial, but not required.
- Working at heights, on scaffolds, swing stages, scissor lifts, bucket and ladder trucks, and in various weather conditions on a daily basis. Must be constantly aware of your surroundings.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds of signage and materials.
- Proficient with hand tools, table saws, band saws, drills, stick welding, jack hammer, mixing concrete, and electrical work (general knowledge of 120/277 circuitry preferred).
- Ability to read blueprints and translate manufacturing documents and drawings.
- A valid driver’s license with no traffic violations and a current CDL/DOT medical card.
- Certification in crane operation, hoisting, rigging, and signaling.
- Excellent communication skills to clearly interact with other team members and customers. Must exhibit a professional demeanor, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and have an excellent attendance record.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with little direction while managing the assigned work load.