Sheet Metal Worker
Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The Welder/ Fabricator fabricates aluminum to meet standards in the manufacture of signage.
- Utilizes equipment used to cut, bend, turn, mill and drill to specified lengths and widths per work order.
- Interprets data to select materials, layout reference points, and sequence of operations.
- Inspects sheets of metal for defects.
- Operates metal fabricating machines (shears, saws, brakes, bending machines, and punch and forming presses).
- Hammers and peens sheets of metal to form designs.
- Welds, forges, brazes, solders, rivets, or bolts components together (primarily aluminum).
- Picks up, weighs, and carries scraps.
- Lifts finished product onto pallets or carries to the appropriate area.
- Possibly assigned other sign manufacturing duties.
- Must make oneself generally useful in sign manufacturing.
- Three to five years of experience in a metal industry related position.
- Must follow all safety guidelines and practices while operating equipment (including wearing steel-toed shoes with metatarsal guards and safety glasses with side shields).
- Ability to read blueprints and communicate and work in a team environment.
- Efficiently weld aluminum (95% of projects use MIG welding on aluminum).
- Understanding of sheet metal layout and weld symbols.
- Knowledge of safely operating an overhead crane.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and carry at least 15 feet.
- Ability to stand, squat, and stoop for extended periods of time.
- A minimum of a high school education.
This is a full-time, first-shift, hourly position that is a member of the Sheet Metal Union. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term disability, FSA, and 401K plans. Because we have multiple customers at any given time, you will be working on a variety of different projects--making this a creative role. Our people love the fact that their work is never monotonous! Come join an industry leader where your efforts will truly be recognized and rewarded! Submit your cover letter and resume today!