Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The Sales Manager coordinates and directs activities of the Sales team to attain maximum sales volume.
- Reports to the VP of Sales, collaborating and participating on overall sales goals and growth.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Understanding of the current construction and development market.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals for the sales team. Hold regularly scheduled sales meetings.
- Direct personnel, training, and performance discussions with the sales team. Hold regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with each salesperson to review active projects, appointment generation, number of sales calls, number of quotes, GP generation versus commission/ draw, lead follow-up, and penetration into strategic accounts.
- Directs channel development activity.
- Collaborates with project services, design, engineering, and estimating team on pre and post sales strategies.
- Participates on leadership meetings to strategize specific business unit operations.
- Assigns leads and accounts to the appropriate salesperson.
- Review major bids prior to quoting. Meets with key clients, assisting sales consultants with maintaining relationships, negotiating jobs, and closing business.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to stay within expense budget.
- Experienced in the construction or manufacturing industry.
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of Sales supervisory experience. Knowledge of the signage industry is preferred, but a demonstrated track record of successful sales leadership is more important than industry knowledge.
- The ability to manage a large sales group.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with reading construction documents and manufacturing drawings.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to clearly interact with other team members, customers, partners, architects, designers, contractors, and vendors.
- Efficient time management and organizational skills, while ensuring accuracy. Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of accepting and completing assignments with minimal supervision in a highly motivated manner.
- Must exhibit a professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and have an excellent attendance record.