Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The Project Manager works on projects varying in size and serves as the primary customer contact. They are responsible for facilitating the project from concept to completion within the defined scope and resources to complete the project on time, on budget, and to the customers’ complete expectation.
- Works with cross-functional project team to move the project through all phases of the project life cycle (initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing). Keeps all parties informed and makes certain that the project is on schedule and within budget and scope.
- Tracks and records all changes and issues the change order request form to the client in a timely manner.
- Delivers responsive customer service that builds confidence, focusing on getting back to a customer within 24 hours.
- Invoices projects accurately and is proactive in following up on receivables.
- Works with service vendors to establish mutually beneficial relationships and manages the installation and service work, so that cost is kept below budget. This includes issuing correct and detailed purchase orders.
- Keeps organized, detailed and current logs of progress being made on the project.
- Follows all documented procedures and takes responsibility to request additional training when needed.
- Special projects as assigned by Project Services Leader.
- An Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Project, Construction, or Business Management.
- Three to five years of previous experience in Project, Account, or Construction Management is preferred. Experience in the sign industry is not required, but desirable.
- Use personal skills and experience to share the vision and project objectives with the project team.
- Work well under pressure; be comfortable with change and complexity in a demanding environment.
- Be able to shift between the overall picture and minute details - knowing what to work on and when to work on it - in order to accomplish the project objectives
- Organize tasks appropriately - documenting, monitoring, and controlling; adapt your approach to the context and constraints of each project.
- Adapt approach to the context and constraints of each project
- Strives to become an expert in the signage industry in order to be a resource to the customer, while building trust in the organization. Continuously work to improve personal and team skills through lessons learned.