Project Cost Accountant
Location · Orlando
Term · Full-Time
The Project Cost Accountant will manage the work orders flowing through Poblocki's internal system, fulfilling the requirements from the customer order - this includes all coordination, maintenance and monitoring aspects through planning and production until completion of the order.
- Issue invoices, payment applications, and AIA documentation, including related compliance forms, for general contractors/construction managers.
- Update contracts & contract documents according to client requirements and reporting associated change order amendments.
- Prepare actual cost versus estimated cost reports, working capital reports, and tax reports for ongoing projects.
- Provide audit support as required, including research and reconciliation.
- Create purchase orders, advise A/P on supplier & subcontractor invoicing to ensure timely payment & proper documentation.
- Serve as backup to primary accountant for deposits, outgoing invoices, collections, A/R entries, month-end completion tasks.
- Assist with project takeoffs.
- Complete prequalifications and various forms that request basic company information.
- A degree in a technical or administrative discipline and/or 3 years of experience in a supporting role. Studies or background in Business or Construction would be beneficial, but not required.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and scheduling programs and exposure to an ERP or MRP software system.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documents, such as drawings, blueprints, or reports. Problem solving and analytical thinking are required to effectively get products through our system and operations.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task on a daily basis. Must be detail-orientated and exhibit strong organizational skills. Ability to handle fluctuating workloads while still being able to complete required activities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- A self-motivator who can work independently and take initiative.