Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The Structural Engineer determines, verifies, and produces engineering construction drawings and system-related data in order for manufacturing and other team members to perform their functions.
- Details: Review project requirements and resolve any issues, validate any necessary deviations, and perform due diligence on references and past job history.
- Survey: Coordinate any information needed to complete details and drawings, and survey to gain better knowledge of the situation.
- Drawings: Determine the level of detail necessary for requirements, apply standard practices showing adequate information, coordinate with installation to alleviate concerns, assure proper electronic documentation, and make revisions as needed.
- System: Assure all applicable system information has been reviewed and updated including routing steps, material items, direct purchase items, and additional notes. Prepare material cut lists for sawing.
- Review and Improvement: Complete all reviews on projects, update drawings, investigate possibilities of better techniques, continually look for better ways to improve drawings, engineering, and design processes.
- A PE certification
- A minimum of 7 years in the Structural Engineering field
- Excellent computer skills using AutoCAD, Solidworks, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong mechanical aptitude to complete drawings and bring their solutions to the end result
- Solid problem-solving skills and interpretive skills for 3D visualization
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with other team members
This position will start at a rate commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including paid time off (PTO), health, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurances, FSA and 401K plans. Come join an industry leader where your efforts will truly be recognized and rewarded!