People & Culture Assistant
Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The People & Culture Assistant works alongside the People & Culture Leader to perform the administrative duties of human resources.
- Payroll: setup new team members, enter changes to personal information, deductions, wages, or full-time status, submit terminations,
- Insurance: enter new enrollments, terminations, and changes into each insurance system and payroll, submit COBRA continuation requests,
- Recruiting: create job postings for available positions, sort through resumes and forward candidates with the highest potential to team leader
- Safety: Submit workers compensation claims, keep track of safety glasses and safety shoe reimbursements
- Assist with organizing charitable events
- Assist with organizing company events
- Complete paperwork as needed, including verification of employment requests, unemployment forms, etc.
- Prepare charts, lists, and letters as needed
- Filing relevant paperwork and maintaining personnel files
- Responds to team members’ inquiries on policies, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Assist Controller with processing payroll
- Handling administrative duties including: answering the front door and overhead gate calls, checking main voicemail, distributing incoming mail, checking incoming info email and faxes
- Special projects as assigned by People & Culture Leader
- An Associate’s Degree, ideally in Human Resources or Business
- Two years of previous experience in an administrative role.
- High degree of trust and sensitivity with confidential information
- Organize tasks appropriately – be able to shift between responsibilities, knowing what to work on and when to work on it.
- Strives to continually improve human resource functions/processes.