Paint Prep/ Painter
Location · Orlando
Term · Full-Time
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, organizing, and painting signage projects to ensure that we complete quality finishes on-time.
- Review work orders and drawings for accuracy to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Prep, stage, and paint jobs.
- Act as a quality control checkpoint to be sure paint is clear and free of any defects (dirt, runs, missed areas, etc.).
- Maintain chemical and supply inventory, ordering paint, additives, thinners, etc. Work in conjunction with other team members to prepare disposal of waste.
- Research and provide color samples to Design and Sales.
- Work with color labs from vendors to provide accurate formulation of paint color.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with industrial or automotive painting.
- Critical thinking skills to troubleshoot design drawings and paint issues; a basic knowledge of math and computer skills, along with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to climb and work from ladders, stand for long periods of time, and regularly lift 10 to 25 pounds.
- Able to work with minimal supervision. Able to set priorities and multi-task on a daily basis. Able to handle fluctuating workloads while still being able to complete required projects.
- Must exhibit a professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and have an excellent attendance record.
- Associate Degree is preferred.