Location · Boston
Term · Full-Time
The Leader Installer uses precise measurement and placement to assemble and install various types of sign packages to meet the needs of the project and exceed the needs of the customer.
- Assemble and install signs as directed by the drawings and directions given. You may be working by yourself or with another team member. Installing the signs consists of various processes including: stick welding, bolting, screwing, and hanging signs in pieces or in their entirety.
- Assist in loading signage for travel to customer site, ensuring that it will arrive damage-free. Must be able to drive and operate Company vehicles, including a 55' Boom truck.
- Perform site surveys or service repair work at customer's locations as needed.
- Perform the installation process abiding by all OSHA, DOT and site-specific safety precautions.
- Keep Company vehicle clean and report any problems. Maintain mileage logs, time cards and complete sign-offs.
- Meet with customers to confirm details and requirements of the installation. Attend meetings at the customer's request. Must have the ability to communicate with customers and team members in a professional manner.
- Act as a mentor to other installers to ensure consistency in field installations.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Three to five years of installation or construction experience. Experience in the signage industry is beneficial, but not required.
- Working at heights, on scaffolds, swing stages, scissor lifts, bucket and ladder trucks, and in various weather conditions on a daily basis. Must be constantly aware of your surroundings.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds of signage and materials.
- Proficient with hand tools, table saws, band saws, drills, stick welding, jack hammer, mixing concrete, and electrical work (general knowledge of 120/277 circuitry preferred).
- Ability to read blueprints and translate manufacturing documents and drawings.
- A valid driver's license with no traffic violations and a current CDL/DOT medical card.
- Certification in crane operation, hoisting, rigging, signaling, and a 10-hour OSHA course will be required in your first year.
- Excellent communication skills to clearly interact with other team members and customers. Must exhibit a professional demeanor, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and have an excellent attendance record.
- Travel required as necessary. Overnight assignments include per diems for travel.
This position will start at a rate commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including vacation time, paid sick time, health, dental, vision, and life insurances, an FSA and a 40(k) plan. Come join an industry leader where your efforts will truly be recognized and rewarded!