Exterior Sign Installer
Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The erector assembles and installs various types of exterior signage either by himself or with another team member. This is a physically demanding position that requires precise measuring and placement. Pleasing the customer is the ultimate goal.
- Install signs as directed by the drawings or directions given.
- Drive to sites with a company vehicle and install signs, either by yourself or with a team member.
- Installing the signs consists of various processes including: welding (stick), bolting, screwing, and hanging signs in pieces or in their entirety.
- Assist in loading signage for travel to customer site, making sure that it will arrive damage free.
- Upon job completion, they will report any additional work outside of the original job scope to the Installation Manager.
- Perform service repair work at customer's sites as needed.
- Perform the installation process abiding by all OSHA, DOT and site specific and general duty safety precautions.
- Maintain mileage logs, time cards, and complete sign-offs and job photographs.
- Must have the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Some installations may require overnight travel.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with installation of signs is a plus.
- Working at heights, on scaffolds, swing stages, bucket and ladder trucks, and in various weather conditions on a daily basis. Must constantly be aware of surroundings.
- Must be able to lift and move signage and materials, as well as use all types of hand tools.
- Proficient with welding (stick), electrical work (basic/general knowledge of 120/277 circuitry preferred), and blueprint reading.
- Must have a current CDL/DOT medical card and be certified in rigging, signaling, and a 10 hour OSHA class.
- Travel required as necessary. Overnight assignments include per diems for travel.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
This position will start at a rate commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including paid time off (PTO), health, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurances, FSA and 401K plans. Come join an industry leader where your efforts will truly be recognized and rewarded!