Sign Installer – Exterior
Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The Sign Installer uses precise measurement and placement to assemble and install various types of exterior signage to meet the needs of the project and exceed the needs of the customer. Because we have multiple customers at any given time, you will be working on a variety of different projects - our people love the fact that their work is never monotonous!
- Assemble and install signs as directed by the drawings and directions given. You may be working by yourself or with another team member. Installing the signs consists of various processes including: stick welding, bolting, screwing and hanging signs in pieces or in their entirety.
- Assist in loading signage for travel to customer site, ensuring that it will arrive damage-free. Drive to customer sites using a Poblocki vehicle.
- Perform service repair work at customer's sites as needed.
- Perform the installation process abiding by all OSHA, DOT and site-specific safety precautions.
- Maintain mileage logs, time cards, and complete sign-offs.
- Must have the ability to communicate with customers and team members in a professional manner.
- Some installations may require overnight travel.
- Three to five years of installation or construction experience. Knowledge of the signage industry is beneficial, but not required.
- Working at heights, on scaffolds, swing stages, bucket and ladder trucks, and in various weather conditions on a daily basis. Must constantly be aware of your surroundings.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds of signage and materials.
- Proficient with hand tools, stick welding, electrical work (general knowledge of 120/277 circuitry preferred), and blueprint reading.
- Travel required as necessary. Overnight assignments include per diems for travel.
- Must have a current CDL/DOT medical card.
- Certification in rigging, signaling, and a 10-hour OSHA course will be required in your first year.