Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time (Temp to hire)
This position is responsible for prepping and grinding large pieces of aluminum prior to the painting process in the manufacture of signage.
- Prepping fabricated aluminum for the painting process.
- Using air tools to grind aluminum.
- Grinds, buffs and polishes surfaces to the desired finish.
- Inspects aluminum sheets for defects to ensure they meet standards.
- Operates overhead cranes to maneuver large pieces of signage and moves finished product to the appropriate area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED at a minimum.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to understand the processes and operations, along with a basic understanding of the construction of a variety of signs is preferred.
- Have a basic knowledge of air tools.
- Ability to operate proficiently and complete work on time with minimum supervision.
- Follow all safety guidelines and practices while operating equipment (including wearing steel-toed shoes with metatarsal guards and safety glasses with side shields.