Location · Boston
Term · Full-Time
The Fabricator is responsible to ensure products are being built to specification and meeting customers' standards.
- Tends equipment used to cut, bend, turn, mill and drill to specified lengths and widths per work order.
- Interprets data to select materials, layout reference points and sequence of operations.
- Operates metal fabricating machines (shears, saws, breaks, bending machines, and punch and forming presses.)
- Welds, brazes, solders, rivets, or bolts components together (primarily aluminum.)
- Inspects sheets for defects.
- Lifts finished product onto dolleys to move to the appropriate area.
- Review daily schedule requirements to determine priorities.
- Assists with other projects or responsibilities, as assigned.
- An Associate's Degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in a metal industry related position.
- Must be certified as a welder. Excellent fabrication skills and ability to find solutions for a variety of fabrication requirements. Efficiently weld aluminum (95% of projects use MIG welding on aluminum.)
- Knowledge on a variety of equipment, including: radial arms, tables, drill presses, routers, sheet metal break, sheer, Bridgeport, and ironworker.
- Understanding of sheet metal layout and welding symbols. Ability to read blueprints and translate manufacturing documents and drawings. Report any problems to leaders or other teams.
- Must follow all safety guidelines and practices while operating equipment. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and be able to stand and bend for extended periods of time.
- Motivated to meet daily production schedule goals. Must exhibit a professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and have an excellent attendance record.
This position will start at a rate commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including vacation time, paid sick time, health, dental, vision, and life insurances, an FSA and a 401(k) plan. Come join an industry leader where your efforts will truly be recognized and rewarded!