Location · Boston
Term · Full-Time
The Fabricator is responsible to ensure products are being built to specification and meeting customers' standards.
- Works with cross-functional project team to move the project through all phases of the project life cycle (initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing). Keeps all parties informed and makes certain that the project is on schedule and within budget and scope.
- Tracks and records all changes and issues the change order request form to the client in a timely manner.
- Delivers responsive customer service that builds confidence, focusing on getting back to a customer within 24 hours.
- Invoices projects accurately and is proactive in following up on receivables.
- Works with service vendors to establish mutually beneficial relationships and manages the installation and service work, so cost is kept below budget. This includes issuing correct and detailed purchase orders.
- Keeps organized, detailed and current logs of progress being made on the project.
- Follows all documented procedures. Assists in mentoring and training new Project Managers.
- Assists with other projects or responsibilities, as assigned.
- An Associate's Degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in a metal industry related position.
- Must be certified as a welder. Excellent fabrication skills and ability to find solutions for a variety of fabrication requirements. Efficiently weld aluminum (95% of projects use MIG welding on aluminum).
- Knowledge on a variety of equipment, including: radial arms, tables, drill presses, routers, sheet metal break, sheer, Bridgeport, and ironworker.
- Understanding of sheet metal layout and welding symbols. Ability to read blueprints and translate manufacturing documents and drawings. Report any problems to leaders or other teams.
- Must follow all safety guidelines and practices while operating equipment. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and be able to stand and bend for extended periods of time.
- Motivated to meet daily production schedule goals. Must exhibit a professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and have an excellent attendance record.
This position will start at a rate commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including vacation time, paid sick time, health, dental, vision, and life insurances, an FSA and a 401(k) plan. Come join an industry leader where your efforts will truly be recognized and rewarded!