Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The Fabricator is responsible to ensure products are being built to specification and meeting customers' standards.
This role is primarily responsible for fabricating all types of architectural exterior signs (directional, wayfinding, channel letter, electrical, post & panel signs, and more.) Tools and necessary equipment are provided to successfully complete the job. Specific responsibilities include:
- Tend equipment used to cut, bend, turn, mill and drill to specified lengths and widths per work order.
- Interpret data to select materials, layout reference points and sequence of operations.
- Operate metal fabricating machines (shears, saws, breaks, bending machines, and punch and forming presses.)
- Weld, rivet or bolt components together (primarily aluminum.)
- Inspect parts for defects.
- Prep parts or move to other areas as appropriate.
- Review daily schedule requirements to determine priorities.
- Assists with other projects or responsibilities, as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED at a minimum; additional college courses or Associate’s degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in a metal industry related position. Experience with sign fabrication is preferred; however, similar fields will also be considered (carpentry, fine custom cabinetry, or other highly skilled trades).
- Experience with MIG, TIG, and stick welding, and capable to efficiently weld aluminum. We expect strong fabrication skills and the ability to find solutions for a variety of fabrication requirements.
- Knowledge on a variety of equipment, including: shears, breaks, chop saws, table saws, drill presses, routers, and other metal forming equipment.
- Understanding of sheet metal layout and welding symbols, and the ability to read blueprints and translate manufacturing documents and drawings.
- Must follow all safety guidelines and practices while operating equipment.
- Must be motivated to meet daily production schedule goals for quality and productivity with the ability to work with little direction. The ideal candidate is a team player who exhibits a professional demeanor, a customer-focused attitude, a strong work ethic, an excellent attendance record, and a mechanical aptitude.