Location · Milwaukee and Boston
Term · Full-Time
The Architectural Sign Estimator determines the price of signs by developing labor and material costs for the manufacture and installation of signage.
- Determine the appropriate technical solution to manufacture and install the sign and materials to be used
- Read and understand blueprints and drawings to accurately estimate materials and labor
- Assess cost effectiveness of estimates by tracking actual costs and rates
- Consult with a cross-functional project team and outside vendors to resolve issues and formulate the most accurate estimates
- Find new material and service suppliers and learn about new techniques and materials related to this field of industry
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers for materials and services
- Three to five years of previous experience in a custom manufacturing environment; experience in architectural sign estimating is preferred
- A degree or background in a math or technical field
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment; works well under pressure
- A positive attitude and professional etiquette in communicating with vendors and coworkers
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a mechanical aptitude, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
This position will start at a rate commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including paid time off (PTO), health, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurances, FSA and 401K plans. Come join an industry leader where your efforts will truly be recognized and rewarded!