Location · Milwaukee
Term · Full-Time
The Estimator determines the price of signs by developing labor and material costs for the manufacture and installation of signage.
- Determine the appropriate technical solution to manufacture and install the sign and materials to be used.
- Read and understand blueprints and drawings to accurately estimate materials and labor.
- Assess cost effectiveness of estimates by tracking actual costs and rates.
- Consult with a cross-functional project team and outside vendors to resolve issues and formulate the most accurate estimates.
- Find new material and service suppliers and learn about new techniques and materials related to this field of industry.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers for materials and services.
- Three or more years of previous experience in a custom manufacturing environment; experience in architectural sign estimating is preferred.
- A degree or background in a math or technical field.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment; works well under pressure.
- A positive attitude and professional etiquette in communicating with vendors and coworkers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a mechanical aptitude, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.