Location · Orlando
Term · Full-Time
The Designer will create high quality conceptual and technical drawings for concept approval and fabrication. This position will focus primarily on technical shop drawings for exterior signage systems. This is a creative role, so you will be expected to work on a variety of different projects at any given time.
- Takes conceptual design intent drawings and produces scaled production drawings for manufacturing.
- Ensures the specification drawings reflect the required design intent.
- Produces full scale cut files for in-house production as well as outside vendors.
- Works with Project Managers and Sales Executives to ensure materials, callouts, and construction details are easy to understand and accurate for production.
- Works with outside vendors to ensure outsourced parts are fabricated correctly.
- Designs concept drawings for sales presentations and budget pricing.
- Provides suggestions for graphic solutions based on parameters given by the customer, collaborate with Sales and Project Management teams to determine customer needs and specifics.
- Two or four year degree in graphic design, industrial design, or related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a production art or sign manufacturing capacity.
- Proficient experience using Adobe Illustrator and/or Flexi Sign; some experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and work orders.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented capabilities to maintain records, multi-task, and handle tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of graphic composition, typography, color, and scale.
- Must have strong knowledge of material, fabrication methods, and mechanical aptitude.
- Able to understand and design 3-dimensional product and understand physical space relationships.