Channel Letter Fabricator
Location · Orlando
Term · Full-Time
The Channel Letter Fabricator is responsible to ensure products are being built to specification and meeting customers’ standards.
- Operates equipment used to cut, bend and drill to specified shapes per work order.
- Interprets data to select materials, layout reference points, and sequence of operations.
- Operates metal fabricating machines (shears, saws, breaks, bending machines, and punch and forming presses.)
- Welds, rivets, or bolts components together (primarily aluminum).
- Trim capping experience a plus.
- Review daily schedule requirements to determine priorities.
- Assist with other projects or responsibilities, as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED at a minimum; additional college courses or associate degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in a metal industry related position. Experience with sign fabrication is preferred; however, similar fields will also be considered (carpentry, fine custom cabinetry, or other highly skilled trades).
- Experience with MIG, and capable to efficiently weld aluminum. We expect strong fabrication skills and the ability to find solutions for a variety of fabrication requirements.
- Understanding of sheet metal layout and the ability to read blueprints and translate manufacturing documents and drawings.
- Must follow all safety guidelines and practices while operating equipment.
- Must be motivated to meet daily production schedule goals for quality and productivity with the ability to work with little direction. The ideal candidate is a team player who exhibits a professional demeanor, a customer-focused attitude, a strong work ethic, an excellent attendance record, and a mechanical aptitude.